I would like to report a few bugs (mainly game crashing points) I found while playing Pokemon Spirit Crystal.
- Every time I go up against Pokefan William in National Park, the game crashes when he sends out his Raichu. I don't know if it happens with anyone else who uses Raichu. Lt. Surge is the only other major guy I know who has a Raichu on his team, but I haven't made it that far yet. I'll update this when I get farther into the game.
- Encountering a Weezing at the basement of the Burned Tower causes the game to crash, albeit it being a 1% encounter there. If this happens with trainers who send out Weezing (I.E.: One of the Rocket Executives in the Goldenrod Radio Tower), it'd be bad for those progressing with the game's story.
- Going up against Swimmer Kirk on Route 41 causes the game to crash when he sends out his Gyarados. Encountering the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage and any wild Gyarados there also causes the game to crash. Very bad for story progression as the Red Gyarados is incorporated into the game's story.
- When Blackbelt Lung of the Cianwood City Gym sends out Primeape, the game crashes. Very bad for story progression as you can't skip this trainer.
- Game also crashes when Pokemaniac Ben of Route 43 sends out his Slowbro.
- Game also crashes when Pokemaniac Calvin of Union Cave sends out his Kangaskhan.
- Game also crashes when Gym Leader Jasmine sends out her Steelix. Very bad for story progression.
- When Cooltrainer Kate of Route 34 sends out her Cloyster, the game crashes and sends you back to the title screen. Very bad for those who want to get the Soft Sand item.
Apparently encountering certain Pokemon causes the game to crash/lock up, there may be more. All of these were found on version 0.1.6.9, the latest version of the hack.
I'll update this with any other bugs/glitches as I get farther into this hack. Technically having a Snorlax early on in Gen II adds on the Johto experience, I'm not gonna lie.