Name: Pokemon Neon Blue
Hacked by: mcferaligatr
Based on: Pokemon Fire Red
Source Link: Click here!
Hello, Welcome back to Pokemoner.com, and I’m Pokemoner. Today, We will play Pokemon Neon Blue by mcferaligatr! It’s a New GBA Hack ROM and based on Pokemon Fire Red. It’s completed in New Region, New Story!
The graphics, Pokemon are the same as Pokemon Fire Red. It’s completed in English now. Let’s play, bro!
You start out in a town named Eon Town, in a brand new region. Upon leaving your room, your sibling tells you that the professor is eagerly waiting for you to come to the lab so that you can obtain your first pokemon.
On your way to become the best trainer, you’ll face two team rocket grunts which will interfere with your plans, and you will have to stop them in their tracks multiple times through the story. There are also, apart from the player’s sibling, many rivals such as May, Brendan (friendly rivals), and Denzel (the not-so-friendly rival).
Most hints that will help the player progress through the game are given by prof. Cornel, (text reading is important).
Hm’s are needed for certain parts of the game, and their location is also explained by NPC’s, some signs, etc.
A brand new region with lots of new maps, events that differ from the original games.
Some custom palettes (some ow tiles, ), custom ow sprite, backsprite (for male player only), new town map. (making these is way harder than it seems).
Some custom added ASM routines (releasing a pokemon – not using the pc, The IV display on the stat menu).
Lots of pokemon available, including all legendary pokemon from gen1 to gen3 which can be obtained with various methods (some before the elite 4, some with certain requirements, some randomly by chance, etc…)
New music tracks (mostly battle tracks)
A place after the elite 4 where you can battle against one of the 19 NPC’s (the choice of the NPC is random, and every NPC there was previously encountered/the player interacted with the NPC) – called the CK Frontier (although that’s the only feature as of now).
All 8 badges obtainable, and the elite 4 and the champion events are available.
Although the likelyhood of bugs not existing in rom hacks is pretty low, I think that no major bugs exist here. Some movement permission errors or NPC dialogue issues/grammar errors are quite possible, though.
– The obtained VS Seeker doesn’t work as intended.
– HM’s cannot be used outside of the battle – text displays “This HM cannot be used until a new badge is obtained” (they still work when used against ow sprites)
– Some grammatical errors such as “useful” being spelled as “usefull”.
Note: Most of the game’s mechanics remain unchanged, such as the pokemon obtainable are from gen 1 to 3, the battle engine is the same, etc. Changes made are mostly story, maps, scripts, and graphics of the game.
– Fixed a glitch where if the player lost against prof. Cornel in Voxel Town, Denzel wouldn’t teleport them back again.
– Added some more pokemon like: Porygon2, Golem, Snorunt, Glalie, Surskit, Masquerain, Girafarig in random places.
– Slight map changes in some areas.
– Fixed a glitch where prof. Cornel wouldn’t appear (the tri pass event).
– Fixed a cut tree blocking Empty Cave (Bloue Metropolis).
– Changed some pokemon encounters in Chaos Ruins.
– Fixed a bug where if the player walked south of Chaos Ruins after defeating Brendan, the game would freeze.
– Some slight pokemon encounters changes on some routes.
– New sprites for female protagonist, prof. Cornel and Denzel (Intro, overworld and battle sprites).
– Fixed a glitch where Denzel wouldn’t recognize whether or not you defeated Brendan and May at the league.
– Skipped rival naming.
– XY Champion theme added – (credits).
– Fixed the town map icon sprite & palettes.
– Fixed maps where the bike couldn’t be used on.
– Some misc. movement permission issues & tiles fixed.
– Added a move tutor in Grayder Town (Mega Punch, Swords Dance, Mega Kick).
– Town map places update.
– Water reflection palette fixed of protagonists updated.
This game is a GBA Hack ROM. It’s Completed in English!
Pokemon Pokemon Neon Blue (Fire Red Cheat)
Download Pokemon Neon Blue v2.01 (Completed)
—CIA Version for Nintendo 3DS Below—