Name: Pokemon Radical Red
Remake from: Pokemon Fire Red
Remake by: soupercell and koala4
Source Link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10181443
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/aK7MVzE
Hello, Welcome back to Pokemoner.com, and I’m Pokemoner. We will play Pokemon Radical Red. It’s Feature Hack ROM and based on Pokemon Fire Red by soupercell and koala4.
Oh well, It’s the same as all Feature Hack ROMs I posted. It has a lot of feature such as moves up to gen 8, including some moves from Isle of Armor DLC, Mega Evolution, Fairy Type, PSS System, Abilities up to Gen 8, Pokemon up to Gen 8, Trainer AI is smarter, and more and more… And now, Let’s play because it’s playable.
Physical/Special split + Fairy Typing
All Pokémon up to Gen 8 obtainable (with some exceptions, see further down)
Moves up to Gen 8, including some of the Isle of Armor DLC moves!
Updated Pokémon sprites
Abilities up to Gen 8
Important battle items up to Gen 8
Raised level cap to 250, although this won’t be super relevant until post game is added
Expanded TM list
Additional move tutors
EV Training Gear
Ability popups during battle
Gen 8 Exp Share
Day and Night
DexNav, which allows you to search for Pokemon with hidden abilities and other neat things!
Even faster turbo speed (!!!)
Abilities like Magma Armor have field effects like recent Gens
Destiny Knot, Everstone have updated breeding mechanics
… and more!
Much higher difficulty
Bosses have max IVs with proper EV spreads (barring the early bosses), along with optimized movesets/hold items
Battle style forced to Set
Can’t access bag against Gym Leaders and other select bosses
Similar to Pokemon Clover, there is a soft level cap based on the next boss battle. Many “challenge” hacks can easily be beaten by simply spamming turbo boost and overlevelling. This prevents you from doing so, instead allowing you to reevaluate your team and strategy to defeat bosses.
Bosses near the end will randomly choose between 1 of 3 teams
Elite Four Members each have a Legendary
Gym Leaders have access to Mega Evolution before you do
Some optional side bosses will have their levels scale according to your team
Johto Gym Leaders as additional side bosses(Some mandatory, but mostly optional)
Brendan as an additional Rival
Archer and Ariana present as Admins
Thief/Magician won’t steal from trainers
An additional Team Rocket event right before the 8th gym
No need for teaching HMs(Or Dig!)
My own curated buffs to a lot of deserving Pokémon, including Megas!
May include type changes, stat changes, ability changes, an additional learnsets
Brand new abilities (Some taken from Clover, others exclusive to this game)
A revamped Game Corner
No more coins/Coin Case, just exchange with regular Pokecoins
Sells pseudo legends for a steep price, with options to upgrade to Shiny
Sells even more TMs
IV grade and colored natures on Summary Screen
A Nature Changer in every Pokemon Center!
An IV perfecter in Celadon for a very steep price
EV checker/reducer in Saffron
An ability swapper also in Saffron, along with an option to swap to Hidden Ability in exchange for an item
EV training areas with its corresponding EV training gear
Move relearner moved to Cerulean
Move tutor that teaches Egg moves
Additional Legendaries obtainable before the Elite Four:
Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Keldeo.
Roamers: Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus, Latios, Latias, Victini, Meloetta
Gym leaders may ask for rematches or side quests for their Mega Stones and other rewards
Day care south of Cerulean now can hold two Pokemon allowing for earlier breeding
… and more!
Quality of Life changes
Thanks to CFRU:
No need to teach HMs (Even Dig and Teleport show up as Field Moves if you have the TM and a Pokemon that is capable of learning it – does not need to be taught!)
Use DexNav to easily get a specific encounter you want, in addition to a chance of getting Egg Moves, better IVs, Hidden Abilities, and higher Shiny odds!
Press Start in the bag to sort items
Use L to toggle Auto Run
Can select multiple key items
Press L on a move you’re using in battle to check its info
Toggleable Gen 6 Exp Share
Pokemon receive boosted EXP when above 220 points of affection
Item Image on obtain
Base stats on Pokedex summary screen
Press B on the Bike gives a boost
Removed Poison damage in OW
Other significant QOL improvements:
Lucky Egg boost increased from 1.5x to 2.5x
A Nature Changer in every Pokemon Center!
Frisk now boosts chance of Wild Pokemon holding items(along with Super Luck and CompoundEyes) for maximum item farming efficiency
Macho Brace EV multiplier boosted from 2x to 4x (16x after becoming Champion)
Power Item EV Yield boosted from 8 to 24 (They give 252 EVs after becoming Champion)
Consumable held items come back after trainer battles (but not wild or raid battles)
Pokemon holding Amulet Coin do not need to participate in battle in order to receive the prize money boost
Thiefed items go straight to the bag
Shadow Tag/Arena Trap on Wild Pokemon no longer prevents the player fleeing from battle
Magma Armor/Steam Engine/Flame Body now reduce egg steps by 4x instead of 2x
Macho Brace/EV training items reduce speed by slightly less
Catch rate universally increased after becoming Champion
Significantly reduced the price of Potions (Potion->Full Restore, Revives, Paralyz Heal, etc) as they have much less use in this game. Price of Repels have also been reduced.
I get a warning about real time clock not being enabled. I can’t save in-game. Day/night cycle isn’t working. What to do?
Make sure your emulator has Real Time Clock (RTC) enabled. Also, save type HAS to be set to flash 128K. If you started playing without this, you will have to start over. Delete your save file, make sure your emulator is set up correctly and ONLY THEN open the rom. If you did everything correctly, there shouldn’t be a warning about RTC not being enabled anymore.
What about HM moves? Do I need HM slave(s)?
No, HM moves have been reworked, you no longer need to teach it to your Pokémon to progress the game. All you need is the corresponding badge and the HM in your bag.
Where is the move relearner?
The move relearner is in Cerulean City, he wants shrooms in return.
Is there an EV checker/EV subtracter? Is there a way to change Pokémon’s ability?
Yes, there are nerds in Saffron City’s fan club house.
Where is the name rater?
The name rater is in Lavender Town, same as in vanilla FR/LG.
Where is the happiness checker guy?
Happiness checker guy is in Cerulean City, replacing the Barry Master guy from vanilla FR/LG. In the house next to him is also a guy that can groom your Pokemon to increase their happiness.
Are Sevii Islands available?
As of now, the game ends after becoming the Champion. Sevii Islands are currently not part of the game.
How does the EXP. Share work?
It’s gen 8 EXP. Share. The EXP from battles is distributed amongst ALL of your party Pokemon even if some of them did not participate in the battle. You receive it early on, before the 1st gym battle. It can be toggled.
My Pokemon get almost no experience from battles? Is my game broken???
If your Pokemon gets reduced amount of experience, it means it hit a level cap before the next important battle (gym leaders, Team Rocket boss, E4 etc.). When you beat the next important battle, the level cap will increase again.
The game is too hard! Make it easier!
The point of this hack was to make it hard and challenging in a reasonable way, not just increasing level curve like crazy. If it’s too hard for you, then this hack is probably not for you.
Where can I restore fossil Pokémon?
Same as in vanilla FRLG, Cinnabar Island’s Pokémon Lab.
How do I transform the three forces of nature Pokémon to their alternate forms?
Talk to a scientist in Cinnabar Island’s Pokémon Lab.
Is there an egg tutor?
Yes, he is located in Fuchsia City. He wants Heart Scales in return.
Are there any other move tutors?
What are the chances of finding a Pokemon with hidden ability using Dex Nav?
the odds of finding hidden ability is 5% at search level 10, 15% at search level 25, 20% at search level 50, 23% at search level 100
How do I mega evolve?
You get Mega Ring after finishing the Silph Co. event, right before Sabrina. If you have the proper mega stone equipped, you can mega evolve your Pokémon during battle by pressing the select button before selecting a move.
How do I update the game to a newer version without having to start over?
Save your current progress using the in-game save (not save state!) in a safe place. (a Pokémon Center for example)
Close the game and delete the patched .gba file. (or better, move it to a different folder in case you mess this up)
Place the newly patched .gba game into the same folder where your previous version was. Make sure the name of your game and save file is the same.
Open the newly patched .gba and load your save.
Where do I find Mega Stones for my starter Pokémon?
Go to the building that connects Cycling Road and Celadon City, and talk to the aid upstairs.
What are the level caps for each boss?
15, //Before Brock
27, //Before Misty
34, //Before Surge
44, //Before Erika
47, //Before Celadon Giovanni
56, //Before Archer/Ariana Tag battle
57, //Before Giovanni Saffron
59, //Before Sabrina
68, //Before Koga
73, //Before May
76, //Before Blaine
79, //Before Archer/Ariana B2b
80, //Before Giovanni Cerulean Boss
81, //Before Claire
82, //Before Brendan
85, //Before E4
Changelog from 2.0f to 2.1 (major facelift):
– Updated battle backgrounds (Credits to NateRiver, Omega/WesleyFG)
– Updated Bag UI (Credits to Nisarg, JK)
– Updated Textbox (Credits to ! hackito)
– Platinum style HP bar (Credits to YoY-X)
– Updated overworld sprites for a lotta shit… Raid Jewel->Raid Den (Creds to Delta231 for the FRLG HGGSS style sprites)
– Now have overworld sprites for: Johto Gym Leaders, Archer, Ariana, Master Ball, Mega Stone, Legendary Swords of Justice) (Credits to Pokemonrater, thebrawlunit for archer/ariana/giovanni sprites, Jo7A for Johto Gym Leader Sprites)
– Updated Sword Shield style Type Icons (credits to VentZX, DrSeuss )
– MAX LEVEL HAS BEEN SET BACK TO 100. If you have Pokemon over Level 100 they will be set back to 100 after a battle.
– I originally set the max level to 250 for fun and didn’t put much thought to it. With postgame around the corner, I’ve
decided a max level would deliver a far more enjoyable experience as having every Pokemon at a constant level would help
with consistent Speed tiers and reduce the amount of grinding necessary to get Pokemon up to speed.
– When selecting a move, you can now view the types of each Pokemon on the battlefield (CFRU feature)
– Because of the extensive changes to a lot of Pokemon’s typings, I figured this would be a very convenient feature to have
– Poltergeist has been added as TM67 (Found in Victory Road)
– Compatibilities is all Ghost types except Aegislash line, Dragapult line, Mimikyu, Necrozma Dawn Wings
– Scorching Sands has been added as TM110, found in Game Corner.
– Compatibilities is all SwSh compatibilities + Houndour, Houndoom, Sunflora, Sudowoodo, Cyndaquil line, Magmar line, Torchic line, Nosepass line, Salandit line, Amaura line, Tyrunt line, Fennekin line,
Dwebble line, Darumaka line, Slugma line, Numel line, Cacnea line, Chimchar line, Cranidos line, Shieldon line, Gible line,
Hippopotas line, Heatran
– TM Body Press moved from left of Celadon to Cerulean Cave
– Move is extremely powerful with its cheesing potential when used in combination with Iron Defense or Bulk Up; Celadon is definitely way too early to receive this move
– Pokemon do not automatically show Dex entry if its their first time being caught
– Dual Wingbeat has been added as TM100 found in Route 16 (where TM body Press used to be)
– Combatibilities is all SwSh compatibilities + Pokemon that can learn Wing Attack
– Removed Dual Wingbeat from following Pokemon’s level up learnset(THEY STILL LEARN THROUGH THIS TM):
Hydreigon, Archen, Archeops, Ducklett, Swanna, Scyther, Scizor, Clefable, Celebi,
Mothim, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Mew, Ledyba, Ledian, Emolga,
Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye
– Added Tailwind, Megahorn to Cinnabar Move Tutor, Foul Play to Saffron Move Tutor, Psychic Fangs to Vermilion Move Tutor
– Sword of Justice is now an overworld encounter (finally)
-If you already got them in your current save file and you update to 2.1 you can get them again.
– Catch rate universally increased after becoming champion
– Power items give 252 EVs in their respective stat after becoming champion
– Macho Brace multiplier increases from 4x to 16x after becoming champion
– Pokemon Mansion 6 star raid can now spawn Necrozma, Azelf, Diancie
– Seafoam Island 6 star raid can now spawn Kyurem, Manaphy, Tapu_Fini
– Power Plant 6 star raid can now spawn Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Genesect
– Added EXP Boost if your Pokemon has above 220 points of affection
– Kubfu, Zarude added to regular randomizer pool
– Updated text on Dexnav menu to tell you to click left lmao
– Updated text when the first Gym is closed to hint at going to the museum
– Added Lance, Gold as new possible Raid Partners
– Updated Nickit front sprite, Corvisquire backsprite, Rapidash-G backsprite
– Attack Name Change: Fishy Rend -> FishiousRend
– Attack Name Change: First Press-> FirstImpress
Corvisquire evolves into Corviknight at Level 60 instead of 38
– One of the cheesiest Pokemon in the game thanks to its typing, bulk, and access to Body Press (among many things).
I’m reluctant to nerf it at the moment, so I’ve made it irrelevant in the midgame with this late evolution + lack of early access to Body Press
Rattled has been removed from the game (to make room for Unseen Fist).
– Cubchoo Rattled-> Swift Swim, Yamper Rattled->Competitive, Toxel Rattled->Lightningrod, Magikarp Rattled->Hydration, Bonsly/Sudowoodo Rattled->none,
Dunsparce Rattled->None, Snubbull Rattled->defiant, Poochyena Rattled->Moxie, Whismur Rattled->Scrappy, Clamperl Rattled->Hydration
Zarude can learn Knock Off from Move Tutor, Sucker Punch at Level 70
All Silvally Forms 95 stats in all -> 100 stats in all
Geodude-A line Ability Sturdy->Rock Head (abuse head smash, volt tackle)
Mega Slowbro Defense 180->165 (With Regen buff this thing is a crazy tank, so a stat nerf must be done to compensate)
Granbull learns Hammer Arm at Level 55
Gligar learns Earthquake at Level 60, Gliscor learns Earthquake at Level 70
Espeon can learn TM Teleport
Removed Strength Sap as Egg Move from Chikorita (cannot learn it anymore, was too powerful)
Removed Shell Smash as Egg Move for Squirtle (Blastoise learns at Level 82 still)
Removed Fly from Haxorus (cuz it bothered some of yall)
Rotom Defense 77->70, SpDef 77->70 (Can abuse Eviolite in this game, hence why it’s nerfed)
Froslass Attack 55->95, SpA 105->95 (With the addition of poltergeist and triple axel froslass is actually better as a physical attacker)
Mega Coalossal Defense 120->125, SpDef 100->105
Mega Snorlax Attack 150->160, Defense 80->85
Mega Machamp Defense 105->100, SpDef 110->105
Ledian learns Close Combat at Level 70
Floatzel Attack 95->90
Emboar can learn Close Combat from Move Tutor
Beartic can learn Close Combat from Move Tutor
Sirfetch’d learns Sacred Sword at Level 75
Fixed some end game raids not spawning certain Pokemon they were supposed to (Seafoam, Power Plant, Viridian Forest, Pokemon Mansion)
Galarian Slowpoke/Slowbro now have icons (used kanto slowpoke/slowbro as placeholders before)
Fixed Slowpoke-G, Snom, Rolycoly, Mr-Mime G, Zigzagoon-G, Meowth-G, Hatenna, Ponyta-G, Sizzlipede, Gossifleur, Skwovet, Wooloo having poor front sprite positioning (floating, or too low etc)
– More Gen 8 Pokemon still need to be polished, please feel free to report them! (Falinx, Chewtle, Dottler will be fixed next patch)
Fixed Male Morelull evolving into Female Shiinotic
Fixed back button not cancelling Dexnav encounter
Fixed BlackGlasses not giving Dark Type boost
Fixed being able to Thief partner in Raid Battles
Fixed dialogue of Team Rocket Nugget Bridge trainer on post-defeat
Fixed Indeedee having incorrect backsprites
Fixed Mime Jr (Galar) having no Icon
Changed Ditto spawns in Randomizer to be less frequent
AI will not try to Leech Seed anymore if you’re behind a Substitute
Fixed breeding giving an egg when parents are incompatible
Fixed Rillaboom giving 3 HP EVs instead of 3 Attack
Shortened Tinted Lens description text to better fit the screen
Fixed Gen 8 Dragons being incompatible with TM Dragon Tail
Removed text at beginning indicating randomizer can freeze, as it appears to be stable now
Fixed Drowzee/Hypno not learning TM Teleport
Incompatible with PizzaBoy, Eclipse, Twilight Menu. Tested to perform fine on mGBA, VBA-M, VBA, OpenEmu, my boy, JohnGBA
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS IF YOU USED CHEATS.
THIS GAME WILL NOT WORK ON REAL HARDWARE (3DS, SWITCH) OR MGBA, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO DO THIS. It does work on MyBoy / JohnGBA.
This game is a GBA Hack Rom in English. It’s Beta and maybe it can be updated in the future. But it’s playable so I will add it to the Completed Category!
Pokemon Radical Red Cheat Codes
Pokemon Radical Red – Evolution Changes
Pokemon Radical Red – Buffs/Nerfs
Pokemon Radical Red – Item, TM, and Move Tutor Locations
Pokemon Radical Red – Level Up Learnset
Pokemon Radical Red – Pokemon Location
Pokemon Radical Red Known Bugs
Download Pokemon Radical Red v2.1 (Completed)
–Download CIA Version for Nintendo 3DS—–
It’s very risky because this game is tweaked too much! CIA Version won’t be working perfectly!