Name: Pokemon Skyline
Remade by: destinedjagold
Remade from: Pokemon Ruby
Source Link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284906
Hello, Welcome back to Pokemoner.com, and I’m Pokemoner. Today, we will play Pokemon Skyline. It’s an old GBA Hack Rom by destinedjagold in 2012. It’s a long time, I forgot it.
A New region is Crest, and your starter is Eevee. This game doesn’t have 4th or 5th generation, but it has a great story, good graphics. Too bad, it’s just beta and up to 6th Gym. And now, Let’s play!
The Story’s Prologue…
You are the son/daughter of Prof. Birch in the Hoenn Region, and you decided to travel the region of Kanto via riding a boat, but when evening came, a weird and violent storm appeared, and the ship you were on board was attacked by very large groups of water-type POKéMON, sinking the boat to the bottom of the ocean.
You woke up on a shore, and found an Eevee who seemed to be washed ashore as well. The Eevee decided to come with you as you try to continue your trip to Kanto, but after travelling to a town where the port was located, you decided to travel this brand new region instead; the Crest region.
Along the way, you’ll meet up with a number of trainers who are also on the move of achieving their own dreams. Friends or foes, you’ll be a part of their lives, and they will to you.
Later on, you’ll be meeting Team Aqua once again, and you will do your best to try and foil their evil plans as you travel around the region, but are they here to cause chaos, or something else?
The tropical region of Crest is located far east from the Kanto region. The region is occassionally being visited by countless thunder storms due to the mass ocean surrounding it.
– A brand new region: Crest.
– Play as the hero/heroine of the Hoenn Region.
– You will start your journey with an Eevee.
– Available POKéMON are the original 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation POKéMON.
– Available POKéMON has their animations.
– The return of Team Aqua, and another set of evil organization.
– You can get the National Dex instead of a normal POKéDEX.
– You HAVE to talk to trainers if you want to battle them.
– You can battle every trainer again after you receive a brand new badge.
– The gym guide will give you a Fresh Water, so be sure to talk to them.
– Each town has an NPC that will reward you if you beat their gym leader.
– A weather system, an original script by me.
– Some rivals.
– The return of the Chip Battle mini-game.
– …and some other things…
– Trainers will reward you will less money.
– Palletes will not change if it’s night time.
– The game has no physical/special split.
– The clock is not based on your computer.
– Some POKéMON’s backsprites has no animation.
– Some POKéMON’s backsprites are still the same old one in Ruby/Sapphire.
Bugs / Oddities…
– Tile errors and movement permission errors here and there…
– Grammar and spelling errors, as well as text going over the textbox…
– The title screen is NOT yet final… I am having problems editing/fixing the palletes…
– In trainer battles, if you knock your opponent’s first POKéMON, or if they switch their POKéMON, you need to wait for the new sent out POKéMON’s animation before the battle resumes…
– The door animations of the PokéCenter and the Gym are bugged.
– Some trainers’ PKMN are level 10. I don’t know what causes this bug.
– The ‘?’ in the PokéDex has error animations.
– Some level 10 PKMN in the wild needed a huge amount of experience to level up.
— The level 10 PKMN will level up to 100 when given a Rare Candy.
– Team Aqua members and Suicune appears in Route 3-B if you haven’t received the PokéDex yet.
– Poison-type moves are now strong against Water-type POKéMON.
– Zangoose can now learn HM Cut (if a clawless(?) Diglett can Cut, why can’t a Zangoose?).
– The move Cut is now a Grass-type move.
– The move Strength is now a Rock-type move.
– All trade-based evolutions will now evolve through stones, levels, happiness, etc.
– All fire types can learn HM Flash (they have fire, for crying out loud).
– Mr. Mime can now learn HMs Rock Smash and Strength.
– Ralts can now learn Confusion at level 2.
– Pikachu can now learn Volt Tackle at level 30.
New Q: Are you still working on the game? It feels like you’ve abandoned it.
A: Sorry ’bout that, but yeah, I’m still working on this. Life is making me busy at the moment…
New Q: Are you going to add 4th/5th gen. PKMN / items / abilities / moves?
A: No, unfortunately. That is beyond my capabilities.
Q: Is this the fourth game of the Ruby Destiny games?
A: Nope. It’s a completely new hack, and unrelated to the Ruby Destiny series.
Q: Are you planning on changing the tiles/sprites/OW into something else?
A: I’ve worked so hard for these tiles, so I see no reason of changing them. No to the OWs. The trainer sprites are being worked on by Crosell.
Q: The game has no more mugshots of gym leaders?
A: Yep, sadly.
Q: Why Eevee?
A: I suddenly started loving the little cutie… o.o
Q: But I don’t like Eevee.
A: Then, after you defeated Rivals Kevin and Jorex in Route 1 and before obtaining the PokéDex, go back to Starlight Beach.
Q: Can we obtain POKéBALLs early in this game?
A: Yep, but not too early.
Q: How can I activate the National Dex?
A: Go and talk to Prof. Birch inside the tallest building in Twinkle Town. He’ll explain how.
Q: Which of the first three gym leaders should I battle first?
A: It’s up to you to choose.
Q: Where’s Cut?
A: In Twinkle Town.
Q: Where’s Rock Smash?
A: In Moonlight Town.
Q: I got three badges now, but I don’t know where to go next.
A: Head inside Mount Starlight after you got HM RockSmash.
Q: The guy won’t give me the Rock Smash!
A: Go to Route 3-B, north from Moonlight Town. Trigger the event there.
Q: Can I also choose which gym leader I’m going to face first after the first three?
A: Yep, but you can only choose between the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.
Q: Where’s Surf?
A: In WindString Town. Obtain 5 badges first, by the way.
Q: How can I get that blocking tree out of the way?
A: Get the Wailmer Pale inside the house in Route 8.
Q: Can you change some of the POKéMON’s backsprites to (a/an) (whatever) one?
A: It’s frustrating to add their second frames just for the sake of their animations. If you want me to change them, index them yourself and send it to me.
Changlogs Beta 1.3:
– Up to the 6th gym.
– Up to 7 towns.
– Beta ends in AceWood Town.
POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1.3 (Fixed) Information
– Fixed the houses’ interior warps bot in Comet Town and in Twinkle Town.
– Fixed Cal’s battle event script in Moonlight Town.
– Fixed the glitched trainers.
POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1.2 (Fixed) Information
– Fire-type PKMN (legendaries excluded) can now learn Flamethrower at a higher level.
POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1.1 (Fixed) Information
– Flamethrower’s base power has been changed back to 95 from 55.
– The Pokémon Center’s warp in Twinkle Town has been fixed.
POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1 (Fixed) Information
– Doduo’s name has been fixed.
– RockSmash’s base power has been changed from 20 to 40.
– Flamethrower’s base power has been changed from 95 to 55.
– Fire-type PKMN (legendaries excluded) can now learn Flamethrower at a lower level.
– Ponyta and Rapidash can now learn Flamethrower.
– Poison-type moves’ base attack has been slightly increased.
– Joseph will no longer be available in the beach after you reach Comet Town. This is to avoid the glitch of not being able to remove Eevee from your team.
– Angienette, Comet Town’s Gym Leader, now has Kangaskhan instead of Girafarig.
– Michelle, Moonlight Town’s Gym Leader, now has Noctowl instead of Skarmory.
– Gym Leaders Angienette, Michelle and Victor will now have a third PKMN in their team if you have two badges.
– The old man in Route 2-B will now also give you the 2nd and 3rd generation starter PKMN in random, depending on the element type of your choice.
– The old man in Route 2-B that gives you a starter PKMN will no longer be there if you talked to Joseph in Starlight Beach.
– N will give you an evolution stone after you defeated Rival Cal in Moonlight Town.
– Game’s font has been changed.
– The physical / special split has been inserted.
– The PKMN sprites’ animations are yet to be inserted.
Features Not Yet Inserted…
– PKMN Animations.
– The titlescreen.
– And some other things…
This game is a GBA Hack Rom in English! It’s Beta and incompleted!
Using Pokemon Ruby cheat code
Download Pokemon Skyline Beta 1.3 (Beta)
—-CIA for Nintendo 3DS Below—-